I can’t guess this weather my associate and I are having; Yesterday it was 88 degrees and super humid; This morning it was 55 degrees and freezing cold, it did overheated up a bit throughout the morning but nothing like it was last month.
I finally had enough of being cold and I decided to turn on the boiler for the first time since May.
It stunk pretty bad like burning toast. They say if you smell burning toast you might be having a stroke. I wasn’t having a stroke however I feel my boiler might have been, then at first I thought the burning smell was just my boiler burning off some dust. After all, it smells rather strong every year when my associate and I turn it on for the first time. However, this time the smell got stronger and stronger. Then my smoke detectors turned on and I could see smoke in the air. I hastily turned off my boiler and then opened all the doors and windows and turned on my ceiling fans. It took a few minutes of ear-piercing beeps before the smoke detectors finally turned back off, however not wanting to go through that again I decided to keep the boiler off until a boiler repair company could come out and take a look. Thankfully they were able to make it out this week. The boiler supplier cleaned my entire Heating & Air Conditioning system actually well and then he turned the boiler back on. There was no burnt toast smell and my smoke detectors did not turn on. That is a bonus. I also found out this week that you are supposed to have your cooling system and heating system ran tests on twice a year! Each time before using them. I had no idea but it totally makes sense.